Some Of My Favorite Things

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


These pictures illustrate some of my favorite things. Number one on the list, my daughter, that was an easy first choice. Number two, Christmas pajamas. They make my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Number three, my new lens. I have read so many photography blog posts about how they love to shoot with only prime (fixed focal length) lenses. While I absolutely do LOVE my 50mm my new 24-70mm zoom kicks serious booty! I did a side by side comparison and I (so far) have seen little to no difference in sharpness. Yes, with the 50mm you can shoot really wide open which serves it's purpose. After recently shooting some families with toddlers and babies I was scooting back and forth non stop trying to get the shots I wanted with my prime. Anyhow, point of the story I LOVE my new lens. While it does make my camera a great deal heavier I love being able to zoom in super close or zoom way out to get the exact shot I want! Disclaimer: I rented a couple of different zooms that performed no where near what I was hoping for before finding my new lens. I always rent a lens a couple of times before I decide on my next purchase. Wow, I think that is what they call rambling! Anyhow, last but not least on the list of some of my favorite things is Photoshop! I love all of the fun actions they have available. I experimented with a new recipe of actions for these next shots. SO MUCH FUN!






0 comments: